- Extensive B2B sales experience
- Demonstrable sales growth
- Experience managing and building teams
- Consultative solution-driven sales
- University degree or equivalent
- Excellent leadership and team building competence
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Strong business orientation and commercial acumen
- Presentation skills
The following would also be an asset:
- Experience within assessment or talent management market place
- BSc/ BA/ Marketing, Sales or Psychology
- MA / MBA / CIPD
We have a new opportunity to join Thomas International as a UK Sales Director, reporting into the Chief Sales Officer.
The Sales Director will support the ambitious growth plans of Thomas International and will be responsible for the performance of the sales leadership team. The Sales Director will take primary responsibility for the day to day leadership of all aspects of sales growth in the UK region and will be instrumental in leading the sales activity to drive sales.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and execute short and long term plans for the UK in order to achieve objectives for sales, profit and market share
- Ensure working practices across the team are aligned and consistent to drive sustainable revenue and growth aspirations
- Actively represent and promote Thomas International, developing business leads in collaboration with Sales and Marketing
- Maximise revenue potential in the UK
- Independently identify and acquire new customers
- Work with the regional sales leaders to build a robust pipeline, ensuring sales activities present continual and sustainable growth
- Participate at leadership conferences and events, building and networking actively at functions
- Manage and lead the sales team to ensure target expectations are met and exceeded
- Manage and develop the core sales teams within the UK
- Drive the recruitment and people development for individual and team performance
- Demonstrate inspirational management and leadership of people and resources
Thomas International are the largest privately owned global provider of psychometric assessments. We empower business leaders by giving them the tools they need to develop their people, teams and culture.
At Thomas, we love what we do and know that our people are core to our business. We’ve grown a lot since our inception in 1981 but are proud to have retained our unique family feel and friendly environment. We take people development seriously and tailor our employees’ career pathway to their specific aspirations and needs, offering a variety of training both from our expert internal trainers and external providers. Whether you are UK-based or work in one of our 60 international offices, you’ll have access to learning and development opportunities that are second to none, including international secondments, coaching and mentoring, funded studying and much more.
We offer fantastic benefits to our employees such as private medical cover, a private GP minutes from our head office, discounted gym membership, holiday buy scheme, and a rewards portal with discounts from major retailers.
Our positive and innovative culture has won us a variety of awards/accolades. We’re looking for passionate and dedicated new faces to join us on our journey.
Sound like you? Apply today and join the Thomas family.