- People management within a financial environment
- Budgetary and quality management experience
- Evidence of having worked in an International commercial environment
- Hands on experience in preparing the monthly accounting for multiple entities
- Experience of managing remote finance team members
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA with relevant experience of financial reporting
- Language - fluent French
The following would also be an asset:
- Experience working within a Finance function of a fast-moving sales orientated organisation
- Financial planning and strategy within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable experience of making high level decisions which have a significant business impact
- Experience of working in a finance role within a private equity backed company
- Full knowledge of legal requirements
- Knowledge of international local accounting and tax in SA, Australia, France, Belgium, Hong Kong
- Language proficiency (Dutch)
We have a new opportunity in our Marlow office for an International Financial Controller, who will support the Group Financial Controller in managing all financial aspects of the Thomas International group of companies.
The International Financial Controller will be required to manage the International Finance team, taking accountability and responsibility for the day to day running of all finance activities of the overseas countries. This will include ensuring there is a strong degree of control over the financial numbers, allowing the Finance team to support the business through analysis and reporting.
Key to this position will be the provision of control, analysis and reporting to optimise the Group’s financial performance. The International Financial Controller’s in depth understanding of accounting and control as well as revenue recognition principles, will demonstrate the pivotal role which they hold, with the internal and external customers in ensuring compliance and fairness.
Key responsibilities include:
Group Financial and Compliance:
- International accounts - control the maintenance, development and accuracy of financial records and accounting and management information systems
- International subsidiaries - preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts and other management information, and statistics to the Group Financial Controller & local country managers
- Control the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements for the local audit, liaising with the local company auditors and organising final reviews by the Group Financial Controller, before signing off on the audited accounts
- Organise and control the long and short-term cash flow forecasts preparation
- Plan and co-ordinate the collation of budget data and support the local country managers in preparing the annual budget
- Ensure timely and compliant completion of local tax returns, VAT returns, corporation tax returns, for those overseas subsidiaries (via selected advisors)
- Provide management to the international junior finance team through coaching and development plans, ensuring future growth is managed effectively across the team
- With local country managers, ensure all international finance team members have Personal Development Plans (PDPs), which are linked to departmental plans and are reviewed at regular 1-1 meetings
- Provide metric based input to local Management meetings, as appropriate
- Devise, agree and implement minimum service levels across the Finance team
- Demonstrate strong management of people and resources
- Resource management – ensure necessary resources are in place across the International Finance team in order to deliver the SLAs.
Thomas International are the largest privately owned global provider of psychometric assessments. We empower business leaders by giving them the tools they need to develop their people, teams and culture.
At Thomas, we love what we do and know that our people are core to our business. We’ve grown a lot since our inception in 1981 but are proud to have retained our unique family feel and friendly environment. We take people development seriously and tailor our employees’ career pathway to their specific aspirations and needs, offering a variety of training both from our expert internal trainers and external providers. Whether you are UK-based or work in one of our 60 international offices, you’ll have access to learning and development opportunities that are second to none, including international secondments, coaching and mentoring, funded studying and much more.
We offer fantastic benefits to our employees such as private medical cover, a private GP minutes from our head office, discounted gym membership, holiday buy scheme, and a rewards portal with discounts from major retailers.
Our positive and innovative culture has won us a variety of awards/accolades. We’re looking for passionate and dedicated new faces to join us on our journey.
Sound like you? Apply today and join the Thomas family.