- Our software stack is a range of Microsoft .NET, MS SQL versions from the last few years
- The team is soon to complete a migration of 100% of services to the Azure public cloud
- We use Scrum as our agile base with 2-week sprints, but we have a dedicated scrum master
- Our products are used all over the world, so localisation of dynamic content is important to us
- We are building an exciting integrations business which depends on a great developer experience
- The Technology team believes that security is something that is considered before you commit code
- The basics of development, such as git version control, configuration management, test writing etc…
- Fluent in spoken and written English – you need to be a brilliant communicator 121 and in groups
The following would also be an asset:
- Experience of managing or developing for containerised platforms using orchestration such as Kuberne
- Knowledge of data analytics architecture and implementing Big Data solutions
- Worked in companies building AI and ML based services in a B2B SaaS market
- Performed the role of a product owner or manager for a digital product
Are you excited by leading a group of talented engineers through a challenging digital transformation? We are looking for a Head of Engineering to join the Technology leadership team and build a high-performing team capable of carrying Thomas International on its growth mission. As a senior leader in the company, you will be integral to our mission to change the assessments industry and demonstrate how digital services can bring the power and insight of psychometric data to more people. You will be responsible for the product development, quality and operations teams who build, release and maintain all of our online products.
Ideally you will have been a senior engineering leader in other organisations that have gone through a digital transformation, or have first hand experience of how a digital-native company builds their products. You will understand how to motivate, develop and inspire a team to be curious, to experiment and to be bold in their approach to problem solving. In previous roles you will have been responsible for leading initiatives to increase deployment frequency to multiple production deploys per day without compromising quality, security or stability. You will have seen first hand the impact that DevOps approaches and strong automation principles have on engineering teams. As a leader of all our engineering disciplines, you will understand how to balance segregation of control with strong accountability for the end result and you can clearly communicate the expectations for this to others.
Within your peer group, you are the voice of your team’s requirements and views. You can translate the talent and output of your team into clear and tangible metrics that represent the teams’ positive impact on the organisation and will be comfortable contributing to business cases that result in growth and investment within the Technology organisation.
What Will You Need to Deliver?
• You will develop, grow and nurture a team of developers and quality engineers
• The team will develop a DevOps culture under your stewardship and see the benefits this offers
• You will create a culture and operating model for your team that allows them to deliver their best every day
• Your leadership style will be inclusive and transparent, you will be an advocate for servant leadership
• There will be a clear set of objectives and metrics that show engineers what “great” looks like
• In your career you will have written production code in order to recognise the challenges your team face
• Your personality and attitude will enhance the team and our culture
Thomas International are the largest privately owned global provider of psychometric assessments. We empower business leaders by giving them the tools they need to develop their people, teams and culture.
At Thomas, we love what we do and know that our people are core to our business. We’ve grown a lot since our inception in 1981 but are proud to have retained our unique family feel and friendly environment. We take people development seriously and tailor our employees’ career pathway to their specific aspirations and needs, offering a variety of training both from our expert internal trainers and external providers. Whether you are UK-based or work in one of our 60 international offices, you’ll have access to learning and development opportunities that are second to none, including international secondments, coaching and mentoring, funded studying and much more.
We offer fantastic benefits to our employees such as private medical cover, a private GP minutes from our head office, discounted gym membership, holiday buy scheme, and a rewards portal with discounts from major retailers.
Our positive and innovative culture has won us a variety of awards/accolades. We’re looking for passionate and dedicated new faces to join us on our journey.
Sound like you? Apply today and join the Thomas family.