- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding of CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap or preferable Zurb Foundation 6
- Experience working towards accessibility best practices
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of Git for version control
- Fluent spoken and written English
- The ability to work in a team and as an individual
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
The following would also be an asset:
- Good understanding of Angular 2+, and experience of other client-side JS frameworks
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, such as Gimp or Photoshop
- Any experience with Azure DevOps or with following a Scrum process
- Any experience with .NET or C#, which we mostly use on the back end
- University degree or equivalent
- Creativity and innovation
- A history of developing services on cloud platforms, particularly Azure and the MS suite of tools
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front-End Developer to join our expanding Development Team in either our Witney or Marlow office. The Front-End Developer will be motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce the visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Ideally you will have helped other companies to implement UI frameworks from scratch, that led to a decoupled delivery pipeline for UI code and a comprehensive suite of automated tests. You can speak from experience about the deisgn of UI that is built from a common set of APIs and how we manage the relationship between front-end and back-end services. If you really wanted to impress us, you will have done this for companies who deliver leading digital services all over the world and understand in detail how the Ui needs to adapt to give great experiences for people in every corner of the globe.
You will be naturally curious and hungry to make your ideas a reality with your great interpersonal skills. After all… there’s no point having a brain the size of a small planet if you don’t share your experiences with the rest of the team! We are a distributed and diverse group across multiple UK locations so there is an emphasis on great communication to ensure we are all pulling in the same direction and helping each other to be successful. You will appreciate the pressure of sprint-based delivery and know that your peers will need you to complete to a deadline and that you will expect the same from them.
Thomas International are the largest privately owned global provider of psychometric assessments. We empower business leaders by giving them the tools they need to develop their people, teams and culture.
At Thomas, we love what we do and know that our people are core to our business. We’ve grown a lot since our inception in 1981 but are proud to have retained our unique family feel and friendly environment. We take people development seriously and tailor our employees’ career pathway to their specific aspirations and needs, offering a variety of training both from our expert internal trainers and external providers. Whether you are UK-based or work in one of our 60 international offices, you’ll have access to learning and development opportunities that are second to none, including international secondments, coaching and mentoring, funded studying and much more.
We offer fantastic benefits to our employees such as private medical cover, a private GP minutes from our head office, discounted gym membership, holiday buy scheme, and a rewards portal with discounts from major retailers.
Our positive and innovative culture has won us a variety of awards/accolades. We’re looking for passionate and dedicated new faces to join us on our journey.
Sound like you? Apply today and join the Thomas family.