- Proficiency in .NET and .NET Core, with a focus on C# and ASP.Net MVC
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (based on SQL Azure) and T-SQL
- Advanced knowledge of RESTful API design and SOA principles
- Application management and development on Microsoft Azure
- Extensive experience with code profiling and troubleshooting performance problems
- The basics of development, such as git version control, configuration management, test writing etc.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
The following would also be an asset:
- Experience of non-relational databases and how to select the right DB technology for its purpose
- Experience with a level of operational responsibility for production environments
- A history of writing Microsoft services on container based platforms such as Kubernetes
- Passion for developing people as much as code, our team needs great mentors who love teaching!
Thomas International is excited to present the role of Principal Developer. We are looking for an individual who has the talent and experience to expand our senior technical team that contributes to architecture, deisgn and implementation of our core platforms.
Your responsibilities will include acting as a scrum team lead and enabling a small group of developers to implement key epics and roadmap items from our backlog. You will do this by working in a senior peer group to agree design and architectural approach and coach your development team and allow them to take responsibility for problem solving and implemtation within the model and domain you have constructed. You will be a critical link between our product and development teams to reduce the amount of rework by assuring good design principles and validating user stories and acceptance critieria as part of our Scrum processes.
Ideally you will have helped other companies to build API-driven platforms with a strong adherence to SOA principles and logically isolated services in the pursuit of rapid, iterative development capability. You will be an exemplary advocate for the development team at Thomas both inside and outside the organisation and will make contributions to the technical communities we depend on to show our commitment and expertise in our core technology stack. You will be an articulate and adaptable problem solver whose enjoys the challenges of refactoring code as much as the opportunity to create greenfield services. You will have a deep experience of running applications in the public cloud and be able to make sound architectural decisions about how to use the range of tools and services on offer to maximise performance and availability to our customers. If you really wanted to impress us, you will have done this for companies who deliver leading digital services all over the world and understand in detail how applications need to adapt to give great experiences for people in every corner of the globe.
You will be naturally curious and hungry to make your ideas a reality with your great interpersonal skills. After all…there’s no point having a brain the size of a small planet if you don’t share your experiences with the rest of the team! We are a distributed and diverse group across multiple UK locations so there is an emphasis on great communication to ensure we are all pulling in the same direction and helping each other to be successful. You will appreciate the pressure of sprint-based delivery and know that your peers will need you to complete to a deadline and that you will expect the same from them.
What Will You Need to Deliver?
• You will lead small scrum teams to deliver crucial epics and features from our product backlog
• The code and designs you contribute will focus on maximum efficiency and re-use of API services
• Working with our product teams and senior engineers, you will shape the architecture of the platform
• Your contributions will optimize our web applications for maximum speed, scalability and acessibility
• The code you commit will adopt current best practices for securing our customers’ data
• You will help us understand how we can apply CI/CD principles and have worked in DevOps enabled teams
• Your personality and attitude will enhance the team and our culture
Thomas International are the largest privately owned global provider of psychometric assessments. We empower business leaders by giving them the tools they need to develop their people, teams and culture.
At Thomas, we love what we do and know that our people are core to our business. We’ve grown a lot since our inception in 1981 but are proud to have retained our unique family feel and friendly environment. We take people development seriously and tailor our employees’ career pathway to their specific aspirations and needs, offering a variety of training both from our expert internal trainers and external providers. Whether you are UK-based or work in one of our 60 international offices, you’ll have access to learning and development opportunities that are second to none, including international secondments, coaching and mentoring, funded studying and much more.
We offer fantastic benefits to our employees such as private medical cover, a private GP minutes from our head office, discounted gym membership, holiday buy scheme, and a rewards portal with discounts from major retailers.
Our positive and innovative culture has won us a variety of awards/accolades. We’re looking for passionate and dedicated new faces to join us on our journey.
Sound like you? Apply today and join the Thomas family.