CMS Distribution is one of Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor, a growing and successful business with 350 people across six locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China.Due to expansion we are currently recruiting for a suitably qualified SAP Integration Lead to join our motivated SAP team based in Harrogate.
Overview of the Role
The role is primarily focussed on the coordination and delivery of integrating trading partners with the SAP estate and business processes. This will be achieved with the use of EDI, web services and other integration/automation methods.
Why Should You Work For A Company Like CMS?
As a multicultural organisation, we embrace our diverse workforce and are a true believer in equal opportunities for all. We work hard and we play even harder! We have various social functions during the year which is the perfect opportunity to get our employees out there, having fun, getting to know people and building the morale of our teams. People are our assets and we are constantly encouraging our employees to grow and succeed in their careers.
What exactly are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be both highly technically proficient and motivated in the delivery of SAP integrated solutions using SAP PI and SAP ECC 6. The ability to take customer requirements and create a design specification; and transform this from concept through to realisation. Excellent communication skills to ensure clear communictaion with customers, suppliers and partners. An individual who is a lateral thinker with a creative and solution- orientated mindset.
- SAP Process Integration (SAP PI 7.4) - expert level
- SAP B2B Add-on adapter - moderate level
- EDI Standards: EDIFACT, EANCOM, ANSI X12, Tradacoms - at least two of these
- Communication Channels - AS2, FTP, SFTP, VAN - at least two of these
- XML structural knowledge
- SAP IDOC structural knowledge
- Flat file mapping between formats
- MIG (Mapping Implementation guide) knowledge
Beneficial but not essential:
- SOAP and WSDL / Web services
- SAP ABAP
- SAP RFC
- SAP ABAP Proxies
- SAP Cloud Platform Integration (SAP SCP)
- SAP HANA and/or S4 HANA
- Experience integrating with Success Factors, Ebay, Paypal & Logistics 3PL
Key role objectives:
- Design and build complex integration solutions with SAP platforms
- Expert in integration technologies including SAP PI
- Knowledge of business processes and how these relate to integrations
- Lead teams to design/develop interfaces and integrations
- Ability to scope, plan, estimate and deliver an end to end integrated solution.
- Gathering requirements, working with Business Process experts, documentation, translating requirements into integration solutions
- Capability to plan and deliver a solution using own initiative and asking the pertinent questions
- Delivery of minor changes, improvements and support issues alongside project activities
- Identifies and escalates issues and risks within operations and projects